The Pleasance is located in Edlington, Doncaster. It has been registered since October 2010. The five buildings compromises of 15 individual living spaces that consist of a living room, kitchen area, breakfast bar or dining room, bedroom with its own shower room en-suite.
The five properties all have one ground floor apartment which is wheelchair accessible. Each of the buildings have 3 apartments in with a communal area in each that is comfortable and homely.
There is a car park and we have a vehicle which has been adapted for wheelchair use for resident’s offsite community activities.
Each apartment comes equipped with new furniture and appliances. Each resident will have their own
- Double bed or Queen size bed
- Double or triple wardrobes with mirror
- TV console table
- Double settee or combination or single settee
- Kitchen table or breakfast bar
- Fridge/ Freezer
- Washer/ Dryer
- Space for kitchen storage
- Fitted oven and hobs
Apartments can be decorated and personalised to residents own taste. This is something we encourage during transition periods.
Our communal areas
- Furnished with settees
- Decorated to feel homely and comfortable
- Have a large console table
- Include a mini- kitchen area
- Set up for activities that are communal such as karaoke, games, DVD nights and arts and crafts
In our grounds
- Patio areas for sitting outside. Perfect for our warm weather in the summer.
- Separate garden spaces in each house for recreational and vocational activities.
- A decked area for outdoor socialising, al-fresco dining and a peaceful place to sit overlooking the fields.
The Pleasance is in walking distance from a wealth of facilities including local supermarkets Asda, Home Bargains and Nisa. Local shops, Edlington swimming baths, cafes, restaurants, health care centres, places of worship and the local parks. The service is a short bus ride from Doncaster town centre. There are lots of opportunities within the community that we can support individuals to access which suits their own taste.
We understand how important it is that staffing levels are right to provide a safe and effective service in line with CQC requirements. We have an onsite office for our Registered Manager and management team and we operate an open door policy. By open door policy we mean that we encourage honesty, openness and transparency from both our residents and staff team.
All staff follow a rigorous interview process which our residents are encouraged to be involved in. Once a candidate has been successful in their interview a disclosure and barring check will be completed a satisfactory police check will determine weather the candidate is suitable to work for our vulnerable adults. Support staff under take induction training and shadowing with us.